Pugnochiuso Resort experience

Tonight I'm listening dreams from Cranberries, I was on Facebook looking at random photos from friends made while travelling New Zealand already 7/8 months ago and nostalgia came to me.

Nostalgia of different time, from when I was so young and little, to just few years ago, to months ago.

I felt I wanted to write more often but did not stop to do it actually. I had been writing a short piece of article on my way to Florence almost one month ago while on the train, but internet didn't cooperate and so I don't have any draft saved.

By the way I've been back to Italy from the end of May and had some decision taking time that brought me to enjoy a beautiful summer down south in Italy, at the heel of the boot in Puglia and to be correct in Pugnochiuso, a little private beach close to Vieste in the Gargano area. I took the chance to do a dive master internship in scuba diving and work there at the resort from Marcegaglia.
The months went so fast, the experience was great and I had been trained to teach some basic of scuba diving and be a dive guide, can't even remember how many little ladies and boys came and learnt to dive or just enjoy a lesson with us. We had also certified divers that went to Tremiti to enjoy the clear deep blue water of the islands.
The journey to reach Puglia from Milan had been by far one of the longest had, at least in Italy. It took me one entire day from 9 in the morning to 10.30 in the night, taking different trains and a bus too, it was easier on the way back but still took me a day because of the waiting time at Foggia station for the train.
The Gargano area is really great with big white cliffs on the coast with some incredible little bays.  Driving the coast way isn't as easy because all the road is windy with lots of up and down, but some views are amazing! The Pugnochiuso's bay just coloured itself with that stunning orange/violet colours at sunset time and it was so relaxing and beautiful. During full moon days, the moon rising from the bay was so big, perfectly round and at times fully orange! This is an image that would stay fixed in my mind. The frame of trees in the first glance and the bay, the sea, the darkness with the moon light in the background was something just so romantic that gave me peace and gratitude to be in a such nice place. Furthermore the place is really so quiet and relaxed at night and I enjoyed much going close to the cliff, sitting on the side, on the rocks and just listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the little beach, while observing horizon and moon.
Vieste, a nice little city up north, is really famous between young people and visitors to the gargano's area because it is fully functional and it has all the shops, restaurants and supermarkets that you can't find in Pugnochiuso or in Peschici. Down south instead Manfredonia is the first nearest city to Pugnochiuso, much bigger than Vieste that is more touristic.

To people that enjoy the nice clear water it is better to go southern than Gargano, after Bari because the water gets more clean and crystal, while up north there isn't too great. I won't recommend the gargano area for diving, except Isole Tremiti.
To everyone, I would recommend to spend few days in the area, there's also the possibility to go hiking and walking in the national park that's near by.

Hopefully I will write shortly about my two other visits to Naples with Salerno and Amalfi and Florence, while now it's almost time for sleeping.

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Viena siempre Viena...siguientes pasos!

Berlín, ciudad sorprendente

Viena siempre Viena!